Do you like sushi? Who doesn’t! Visit Japan and as well as eating delicious cuisine, our guided Japan tours will take you to some of the most sensational sights you have ever seen. Breathtaking Mt Fuji, picturesque cherry blossoms, iconic bamboo forests, ancient castles, incredible Tokyo street fashion and deep fresh snow in stunning mountain ranges are just a few reasons to travel to Japan… and don’t forget the sushi! As well as guided sightseeing tours, we also offer ski & snowboard packages with great discounts so you won’t miss out on Japan’s excellent snow season.
Everybody loves a few travel facts and our Japan Travel Snapshot gives you a brief idea of what to expect when planning a holiday to Japan. Read on below as we expand on our travel bites…
Best Time To Travel – It depends what you are looking for, touring, skiing, cherry blossoms. Japan is a year round destination. The best time to go on one of our Japan tours is Feb to June. February sees the start of the cherry blossom season which can last until May. The peak month for cherry blossoms is April so you need to book in quick as tours do sell out in advance. The Japan snow season runs from December to March/April.
Capital City – The capital of Japan is Tokyo. The city is an eclectic mix of traditional and ultra-modern combining ancient temples with neon-lit skyscrapers. The population is a busy 37.3 million.
Currency – The national currency in Japan is the Japanese Yen. The approximate exchange rate is $1 = 110 Yen. ATM’s are widely available in Japan, as well as credit card facilities in all cities and hotels. You can change money into Yen prior to travelling to Japan. You can also take cash to exchange while you are on tour.
Approximate Travel Time – You can fly direct from LA to Tokyo in approximately 10 hours.
Religion – 80% of people living in Japan practise Shintoism. The remaining 20% are mostly considered Buddhist. Many Japanese consider themselves as believers in both.
Famous Dish – As we all know, sushi is a popular dish in Japan. Sushi is delicious rolls of rice, wrapped in seaweed (Nori) and stuff with a variety of yummy items such as salmon, tuna, prawns, avo, veggies, tofu and more. Other popular dishes include Ramen, Tempura, Udon Noodles and Gyoza. Japan is a food lovers dream!
Visa Required – No. American citizens can enter Japan for a stay of up to 90 days. You must make sure you hold a valid passport for at least 6 months beyond your intended period of stay, with one blank via page.
Fitness Level – We rate our Japan tours as requiring a moderate fitness level. The tours themselves are not strenuous, however you will need to be fully mobile as a lot of walking around monuments whiles sightseeing may be required. If you are travelling to Japan for the skiiing or snowboarding, then a high level of fitness if required.