Travel to Egypt for a bucket-list trip and marvel at the awe-inspiring ancient Pyramids of Giza and the enigmatic Sphinx. The Great Pyramid of Giza is a defining symbol of Egypt and the last of the surviving ancient Seven Wonders of the World. The sight of these huge structures is unforgettable. Our Egypt tours include a private Egyptologist guide to teach you about the ancient wonders of this captivating country. Cruise along the famous River Nile on a 4 star ship from Luxor to Aswan; a great deal and included in our 13 Day Egypt tour. Cruising the Nile, stopping at wondrous and historical sites along the way, makes any holiday to Egypt complete. We also offer great deals to the neighbouring country of Jordan as stand-alone tours or as an add-on to your Egypt adventure.
Everybody loves a few travel facts and our Egypt Travel Snapshot gives you a brief idea of what to expect when planning a holiday to Egypt. Read on below as we expand on our travel bites…
Best Time To Travel – The best time to travel to Egypt is between October and April where the weather is still warm but cool enough to make sightseeing comfortable. Visiting Egypt in summer months (June – August) can get quite hot around 35 degrees which can make travelling and sightseeing quite uncomfortable.
Capital City – The capital of Egypt is Cairo. Cairo is twice the size of New York and travel from the airport into the city only takes about 30 minutes (traffic permitting)
Currency – The national currency in Egypt is the Egyptian Pound. The approximate exchange is USD $1 = 15 Egyptian Pounds. Our guides will be able to assist you with money exchange while on tour in Egypt. ATM’s are available in Cairo to withdraw money. USD in cash is always handy to have available to exchange.
Approximate Travel Time – Travel time to Cairo is about 11 hours direct. Most airlines require 1 stop and can take approx. 15-20 hours.
Religion – It is estimated that 85-90% of the Egyptian population are Sunni Muslim and the remaining 10% are Christian.
Famous Dish – Ful Medames. This is a very popular street food dish which is made of mashed broad beans with olive oil and garlic and served on warm pitta bread. The perfect fuel for a day of sightseeing during your visit to Egypt.
Visa Required – Yes. A tourist visa is required for all United States citizens, they are valid for up to 6 months and you can apply online.
Fitness Level – We rate our Egypt tours as requiring a moderate fitness level. Travel to Egypt during summer months can be hot and there is a fair bit of walking around sightseeing monuments.